The Lienzer Bergbahnen lift facilities transport you with one ticket into two skiing areas: Zettersfeld and Hochstein.
Image gallery: Lienzer Bergbahnen skiing area - East Tyrol
- Map See map
- Live webcam
Mt. Hochstein offers perfect conditions for skilled skiers and snowboarders, as most of the slopes are quite challenging, whereas Mt. Zettersfeld is perfect for families. With its wide ski slopes that are secure from avalanches, it has been certified as "Tyrolean family skiing area". The two skiing areas are not connected - the Zettersfeld lift facilities start in Untergaimberg, the Hochstein lifts from the Castle Hill of Lienz -, but they have formed the Lienzer Bergbahnen skiing area which is accessible with one ski pass only.
The slopes of the Hochstein, the 1,988 m high local mountain of Lienz, are perfect for practicing all disciplines and for this reason many national ski teams come to the area for training purposes. Every two years it is venue for the Women's Alpine Ski World Cup (slalom and giant slalom), alternating with Mt. Semmering. Moreover the Hochstein offers the Alpine Coaster "Osttirodler". All the year you can enjoy rushing down the 2.7 km into the valley!
On Mt. Zettersfeld, 300 metres higher than the Hochstein, there are mostly easy and medium difficult slopes, deep powder snow areas and mogul slopes. The Sunsite Park and the 400 metres long Fun Slope Lienz are a paradise for snowboarders. Kids, however, can look forward to special children's rates, childcare and the Mooswiese Kids' Area. Adults can relax on the Sun Lounges outside the slopes in the meantime - Mt. Zettersfeld, the "Sun Roof of Lienz", is perfectly suited to get some rays! The Snow Card Tyrol (more than 90 skiing areas in Tyrol), the "SkiHit East Tyrol" ski pass (9 skiing areas in East Tyrol and Carinthia) and the Top Ski Pass Carinthia-East Tyrol (31 skiing areas, 24 in Carinthia and 7 in East Tyrol) are valid in the Lienzer Bergbahnen skiing area.
- Altitude: 668 - 2,278 m a.s.l.
- Ski slopes: 37 km (10 km easy / 22 km medium / 5 km difficult)
- Snowmaking: 85% of the slopes
- Lift facilities: 12 lifts
- Toboggan runs: 2 runs (6.5 km / 2.2 km)
- Cross-country ski tracks: 1 track ("Pustertal Loipe" from Sillian to Lienz, 30 km)
Due to the tightened measures taken on November 3, 2020 to control the coronavirus, the start of the 2020-21 winter season has been postponed to December 24, 2020. Catering and accommodation establishments will be closed until the end of February 2021.
The two skiing areas:
Hochstein skiing area:
- Season 2020/2021: until March 14, 2021
- Opening hours: 9 am - 4 pm
- Altitude: 668 - 1,988 m a.s.l.
- Further information: phone: +43 4852 6211411, firstname.lastname@example.org
Zettersfeld skiing area:
- Season 2020/2021: until April 5, 2021
- Opening hours: 9 am - 4 pm
- Altitude: 1,660 - 2,278 m a.s.l.
- Further information: phone: +43 4852 63975, email@example.com
Dates may vary according to weather and snow conditions or additional health measures!