The skiing area on Mt. Grubigstein is accessible from the village of Lermoos thanks to modern lift facilities.
The Grubigsteinbahnen Lermoos lift facilities - among them the heated Grubig II Cable Car - take you up to more than 2,000 m a.s.l. where 27 km of well-groomed slopes are waiting for you. Most of them are easy or medium slopes, including three family runs (no. 8, 8a and 8b). The natural area with snowboarder slope as well as the Fun Park at the intermediate station, however, are a paradise for snowboarders.
The panoramic view is spectacular, from the top of Mt. Grubigstein in the Lechtal Alps you can see Mt. Zugspitze, the other peaks of the Lechtal Alps, the Mieming Range, the Wetterstein Mountains and the Ammergau Alps. Night-time skiing on Mt. Grubigstein is extremely popular and offered every Wednesday at the Familyjet Lermoos, whereas from 7.30 am in the morning you can enjoy the freshly groomed slopes at "First Track", an offer dedicated every Thursday to early birds.
The Grubigstein skiing area is one of the seven areas forming the ski region Tyrolean Zugspitz Arena (142 km of slopes, 106 km of which can be covered in snow, and 46 lift facilities) around Mt. Zugspitze, the highest peak of Germany. The Top Snow Card (213 km of slopes between North Tyrol and Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria), the Snow Card Tyrol (more than 90 skiing areas in Tyrol) and the Tyrol Regio Card (reductions for leisure time facilities in Tyrol) are valid here.
- Season 2020/2021: December 8, 2020 - April 11, 2021
- Opening hours: 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
- Altitude: 1,004 - 2,100 m a.s.l.
- Ski slopes: 27 km (13 km easy / 10 km medium / 2 km difficult / 2 km ski routes)
- Snowmaking: 82% of the slopes
- Lift facilities: 8 lifts
- Toboggan runs: 1 run (2.4 km)
- Cross-country ski tracks: 110 km of track network in the Zugspitz Arena
- Further information: phone: +43 5673 2323, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates may vary according to weather and snow conditions or additional health measures!