In the family-friendly skiing area in Maurach at Lake Achensee you can enjoy skiing until late spring.
Image gallery: Rofan skiing area - Achensee
- Map See map
The family-friendly Rofanseilbahn Maurach skiing area offers anything your heart desires, as there are slopes of every difficulty. Within only 5 minutes, the modern Rofanseilbahn cable car takes you onto 1,848 m a.s.l. on the Rofan, a mountain chain also known as Brandenberg Alps. In addition, there are two double chairlifts and two magic carpets. Worth mentioning is the downhill run to the valley station of the Mauritz lift, which was expanded some years ago.
While the kids are cared for in BOBO's Kids Club with the mascot BOBO, the cute penguin of the Achensee Aktiv Snowsports Ski School, adults can choose between three mountain huts to stop for Tyrolean delicacies. Fun and action, however, is provided by the SkyGlider AirRofan, which also in winter makes you whirl from Mt. Schöllkopf (2,040 m a.s.l.) to the mountain station of the Rofanseilbahn funicular (1,848 m a.s.l.) at 80 km ph, weather permitting.
There are also a large number of ski tours, which start from the mountain station of the skiing area. Furthermore, a beautiful winter hiking path across the snow-covered landscape can be found here. The Snow Card Tyrol (more than 90 skiing areas in Tyrol) is valid in the skiing area.
- Season 2020/2021: December 19, 2020 - April 5, 2021
- Opening hours: 8.30 am - 4.45 pm
- Altitude: 980 - 1,848 m a.s.l.
- Ski slopes: 11 km (1 km easy / 8 km medium / 2 km difficult)
- Snowmaking: 20% of the slopes
- Lift facilties: 5 lifts
- Toboggan runs: 1 run (1.5 km)
- Cross-country ski tracks: 4 tracks near the village (17 km)
- Further information: phone: +43 5243 5292, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates may vary according to weather and snow conditions or additional health measures!