The Radio Museum of the radio engineer Hans Schuchter in Innsbruck offers several curiosities.
A very particular museum was opened already in 1965, in the heart of Innsbruck: the Radio Museum Innsbruck. Since 1980 it is publicly accessible, located at the Kravogl road in the district of Pradl. Radio engineer Hans Schuchter has not only collected historical radios but also inventions of his father Karl Schuchter (1899-1977) who was a pioneer of radio technology.
The very special exhibits (about 160 pieces) contain self-built test equipment from 1940/41 and an original piece of a Saab Draken 350E of the Austrian Armed Forces. Also an ancient gramophone and a radio big as a trunk can be admired. The collection is completed by several television sets and record players. Central topic of the Radio Museum is the varied relationship between people and exhibits. Technical questions are welcome and competently answered by the Schuchter couple who also welcomes school classes.
Where: Kravogl road 19a, Innsbruck (a 5-minute walk to the bus stops)
Characteristics: approx. 160 radios and curiosities
Further information: phone: +43 5252 2170, email@example.com
Opening hours: from July 6 to December 31, 2020
Mondays from 10 am to 1 pm (except public holidays)