Landeck Castle, the emblem of the town of Landeck, is located on a steep rock spur in the Oberinntal valley.
In the south of Landeck, at the intersection of the roads leading to the Arlberg, Fernpass and Resia Passes, there is Landeck Castle (Schloss Landeck). The castle was built in 1290 AD by the Counts of Tyrol as site of the court and administration. The name "Landecke", however, was first mentioned in a feud certificate of the Bishop of Bressanone in 1251. From the 14th century onward, the name was also used for the castle and the entire region from the Stanzertal valley to Fliess and Zams.
Until 1797, it was site of the court and administration. Afterwards is was hospital, barrack, and accommodation for workers. However, nowadays in Landeck Castle there is the Regional Museum Landeck featuring a permanent exhibition, illustrating the history of the Tiroler Oberland area, and two art galleries. Attention was given also to the young visitors by offering creative afternoons for kids from 6 to 10 years, and a special educational programme for school classes and youth groups.
Landeck Castle is a popular event location, seminars and tastings take place in the venerable walls. Those who love music can look forward to the concerts staged in the Gothic castle hall, and the "Oberländer Advent" at Christmas time which transforms the castle into a fairytale place.
Despite careful control we cannot guarantee the correctness of the provided data.
€ 8.00 adults
€ 7.00 groups (min. 10 persons)
€ 7.00 seniors
€ 4.00 people with disabilities
€ 4.00 mini ticket (1 hour before the closing)
€ 2.00 school classes (with guided tour)
€ 2.00 children, students, apprentices
€ 11.00 family ticket (1 adult with children)
€ 17.00 family ticket (2 adults with children)
free for children under 6 years
free for school classes (without guided tour)
free with the TirolWest Card
€ 30.00 guided tour (rate, up to 15 persons)
€ 2.00 guided tour (surcharge, min. 15 persons)
Landeck Castle is open on Christmas and in summer, the summer season 2022 will start in May. Closed on the 1st of January, guided tours only on reservation.