Every year, Telfes im Stubai, the most sunny place in the valley, is the starting point of the International Schlickeralm Mountain Run
Altitude: 987 m a.s.l.
The holiday resort of Telfes im Stubai, located at almost 1,000 m a.s.l., is made up of the component localities Telfes, Gagers, Plöven, Kapfers and Liumes. In former times, the village was called "tellevo", which means "fertil soil". Probably for this reason, the area was already settled in the early Bronze Age. The black lynx in the coat of arms of the village reminds on the first verifiable owner of the local court, Otto Karling. Unfortunately the last lynx, the heraldic animal of Telfes, was bagged already in the 19th century in the surroundings of the Pfarrach Mountain Hut.
In the heart of the village rises the St. Pancras Church from the 18th century. It was constructed by the Tyrolean church architect Franz de Paula Penz, who is also sepulchred in this place, and features a peculiarity: One cupola of the church only is real, the other ones were painted by the artist Johann Anton Zoller, but they seem to be real. Inside the sacred building there is one of the largest preserved organs by Franz Weber from Oberperfuss.
Another sight is the Telfes Birds of Prey Park, offering a great view on the valley and providing an insight into the world of European raptorial birds such as golden eagle, kestrel and duck hawk. Of course, there are also daily bird flight shows. Connected to this facility is a backup and care unit for injured birds. Also the larch forests at the "Telfer Wiesen" are worth a visit. The Stubai Railway stops here, which has been running since 1904 between Innsbruck and the Stubaital valley.