In order to be able to spend relaxing holidays with your four-legged friend in Tyrol, you have to consider a few things.
The usual rules for holidays with a dog are valid also in Tyrol. Top priority is given to the collection of the excrements of your four-legged friend. This is regulated by law for all public parks and farm lands in Tyrol. Along many walking paths you will find dispenser with suitable bags. If dog owners don’t scoop the poop of their dog, they can be threatened with fines up to 1,820.00 Euros.
Since the end of January 2020, all municipalities in Tyrol in built-up areas have been subject to a linen or muzzle obligation. Dog owners can choose between these two variants. In certain areas such as public transport, in front of schools and kindergartens, dogs must always be kept on a leash and must wear a muzzle. In addition to the new state regulation, the municipalities have the possibility to make leashes or muzzles mandatory even outside of built-up areas. Please inform yourself about the corresponding municipal regulations.
On almost all public transport, dogs are taken along with pleasure, please mind that it has to be kept on a lead and wear a muzzle. Further information about this topic you can find in the corresponding article.
And what should you bring along for holidays with your dog in Tyrol?
* every dog must be marked either by a clearly readable tattoo or a microchip
* EU pet passport where the valid anti-rabies vaccination appears
* further information about the entry from third countries outside of the EU, EEA and Switzerland, about the anti-rabies vaccination and entry requirements for puppies you can find on the web page of the Federal Ministry of Health
* dog lead and muzzle (a must when travelling by public transfer)
* in the Federal States of Tyrol, Vienna, Upper Austria, Salzburg and Styria a dog liability insurance is required by law
* tick tweezer, iodine solution for disinfection, dressings (for emergency cases)
* all that is necessary, that your dog feels comfortable in the new surrounding (favourite blanket, toys…)